The new year is a time when most of the people make resolutions. The resolutions are basically meant to make positive changes in one’s life. But sadly, if you ask them if they followed up the resolutions they made in the new year, the answer that 99 percent of people would give is a big NO. the resolutions would have been followed for a few days, weeks, or even months there still would be a few people who cooly forgot the resolutions they did make, too. but, this is no discouragement for making resolutions. you still have to make resolutions and this time around you should be diligent enough to follow it meticulously to bring about that one change that can Improve your life and lead you to a better life than the one you are leading now.
Why keep up the resolutions you made difficult?
The reason you find adhering even to the resolutions you have made is basically due to the natural tendency of the mind to resist change. But you cannot deny the fact that change is the only permanent thing in this world and change could actually help you to Improve your life. It opens up vistas for new experiences, chance to meet new people and opens up the door for more opportunities. You will only stand to gain more than what you lose.But, making the changes that can really help you too is difficult to implement and maintain because of your subconscious mind. you need to get your subconscious mind to understand that the change is essential and important for you and the reason for It, then you will be able to stick to your resolutions.
Preparing yourself for the change
Change as discussed already is difficult to implement but, if it is important for you to Improve your life you should attempt to bring about the change by using the following steps
- You must be able to identify and understand what and why you want to change. This step is akin to goal setting and identifying yourself with the goal. Identification with the goal will result only if it aligns with your core values. This, in turn, will trigger positive energy to stick by your goals and accept the change
- You must get rid of negativity. It is very difficult to follow but you can try to get rid of negativity by helping others, being grateful for all that you have, approaching problems with positive actions and solutions etc. this will help you in decision making and connect you to positive people and experiences that could improve your life.
- Exercise is also one way of preparing yourself for change because it will help you feel confident and better about yourself. This will make you confident and less anxious. Exercises are good stress busters and help you handle change with a clear mind.
- Learn to concentrate on the essentials in your life and paying little or no attention to the non-essentials. This will help you to manage your life ad time better and reduce stress
- Take small steps at a time. It is easier to accept change when it is going to happen slowly rather than changing completely overnight. This will prevent you from getting overwhelmed by the changes you have to make.
5 positive changes only you can make
The five positive changes that only you can make to ensure that the changes you want to make in your life are for the good and that they are permanent include
- Use your willpower and face your fears
The best way to effect change is to confront your fears with the help of your strong willpower. This will ensure that you address them effectively and travel in the right direction to Improve your life.
- Be ready to admit your mistakes
Whether to yourself or to others do not hesitate to admit your mistakes. Admitting the mistake will help you start an all-new journey of comfort with the people around you. it will also strengthen your resolve and ensure that you do not commit such a mistake again.
- Live with intensity
Do whatever you do with all your mind and soul in it. believe that you can achieve what you aspire. When you believe in yourself nothing can stop you from acquiring the skill you need to achieve it.
- Use time effectively
Learn the art of conserving time. You can conserve time by eliminating the non-essentials from your life. It is better to use time profitably rather than properly. When you use your time properly, you are likely to earn benefits, but when you use it profitably, you can actually earn a fortune which is necessarily much more than benefits.
- Discipline yourself
Discipline is what will ensure a steady progress. A well-disciplined activity will be more productive. It will also help you to analyze your progress. You will also be able to even reach out to some higher purpose than that you anticipated